The Phalaenopsis; the premier houseplant, and has been for many years. This stylish icon sometimes goes under the name of ‘moth orchid’, thanks to the shape of its flowers. These flowers come in purple, pink, salmon, white and yellow. With its striped or speckled flowers, the Phalaenopsis is something of a print pattern, guaranteed to make you smile. The Phalaenopsis is an orchid variety which originally found its home on trees or rocks in tropical rainforests. After intrepid eighteenth century explorers returned to Europe with the flower from Asia and Australia, it quickly accelerated in popularity. With its handsome looks and extended flowering period this makes perfect sense. The Phalaenopsis is also popular in the Decorum range and grown by no less than four breeders. Do they all cultivate the same type? Of course not. Each grower specialises in its own varieties, dimensions and colours. Just another illustration of this classic’s versatility!
- Richiede molta luce, non esporre a pieno sole.
- Temperatura ideale ± 20 ºC.
- Mantenere umida e non lasciare asciugare la terra.
- Evitare l'acqua in eccesso nel vaso e nel sottovaso.
- Fertilizzare 1 volta al mese.
- Se la pianta diventa troppo secca, immergerla in acqua.
- Fiorisce più volte all'anno.
- Dopo la fioritura tagliate gli steli a 20 cm da terra.