There are many varieties of Dracaena, with most found in Africa, Southern Asia and Central America. The botanical name Dracaena is derived from the Greek word ‘drakaina’, meaning female dragon. This spirited lady thanks its name to the clear red resin, or the ‘dragon’s blood’ that some species produce. This may imply the dragon is difficult to tame, but nothing could be further from the truth. The Dracaena is simply satisfied, kept happy by a bright location, regular water (not too much, wet roots are not its thing) and the occasional water spray on its leaves.
- Sistemare a mezza ombra, non esporre a luce solare diretta.
- D'inverno non superare 16 ºC.
- Mantenere umida e non lasciare asciugare la terra.
- Non occorre fertilizzare.
- Adatta a luoghi poco luminosi.
- Pianta a lunga durata.