The Crassula has a wide ranging family: worldwide approximately 1500 species are logged under the 'Crassulaceae' genus. All are succulents, however their origins can vary greatly. Most can be found in and around South Africa, mainly in the drier coastal regions south of Namibia. The Crassula is also familiar in Madagascar. Biologists refer to these types of plant as 'leaf succulents': plants that store water in their leaves. It is this characteristic that gives the plant its name; ‘crassus’ is Latin for thick and fleshy. The flowers are small and have an exquisite symmetrical structure. The Crassula is a very easy plant to keep, convenient if you go on holiday regularly. It can be left without water for two to three weeks at a stretch!
- Non richiede cure particolari.
- Pianta a lunga durata.
- Purifica l'aria.
- Temperatura ideale 5 - 30 ºC.
- Richiede molta luce, non esporre a pieno sole.
- Fertilizzare 1 volta alla settimana.
- Evitare l'acqua in eccesso nel vaso e nel sottovaso.
- Ridurre la quantità di acqua durante l'inverno.