Curled leaves and brightly coloured flowers: the alstroemeria's principal characteristics. The exotic alstroemeria is sometimes also referred to as the Lily of the Incas or Peruvian lily, indicating its original habitat: the cool mountainous regions of the Andes in Chile, Brazil and Peru. The alstroemeria is considered a metaphor for enduring friendship. Each of the flower's six petals is significant; they stand for understanding, humour, patience, compassion, vitality and respect. The alstroemeria sits wonderfully with gerbera, lilac persimmon, curcuma or asparagus. From romantic to cool; it’s all there with the alstroemeria!
- Make sure that the vase is nice and clean, fill it with water and use cut flower food
- Trim the stems diagonally.
- Don’t place in a draught, above the radiator or in full sun
- Remove the leaves that end up under water, so that the water does not become contaminated.
- Eliminare i fiori appassiti.