In the higher regions of Taiwan it is known as a tree; but to us it is a houseplant. It is also sometimes called the ‘finger plant’ due to the hand shape of the leaves. Schefflera is an easy guest: cold or warm, plenty or little light, anything goes really. It does have a secret pleasure though, it will repay you if you take a few moments out to dust off its leaves from time to time. You can even put this plant under the shower!
- Suitable for dark positions.
- Ideal temperature 18 - 22 ºC.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Water in the saucer/decorative pot.
- Apply fertiliser once a month.
- Requires little attention.