The Jatropha is an exceptional bloomer with its origins in the tropical regions of Central America. Decorum grower Richplant cultivates two varieties of Jatropha: the Multifida and the Podagrica.
The Multifida is also known as the coral plant, due to its beautiful coral red flowers. The plant’s seeds are often pressed to produce organic oil.
The Jatropha Podagrica is also known as the ‘Buddha belly’ plant due to its swollen stem. During the summer months, the plant can remain outside on balcony or terrace, where the red flowers are sure to attract butterflies!
- Light, sunny spot.
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 18-22°C
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Apply fertiliser once a month.
- Favourite plant for indoors and outdoors.