Originally, the Ficus (Ginseng) could only be found in parts of Asia. Nowadays the roots of the plant are grown in China and Malaysia, where they grow for approximately fifteen years. After that time they are imported and grown further before being finely cultivated by Dutch breeders to become the recognisable popular bonsai. So by the time the plant enters your house, it will already had quite a life. An artful bonsai is a magnet for admiring glances, and does its very best to look different from every angle. Tip: the Ficus Ginseng is a real summer plant; in balmy weather it loves nothing better than a holiday on your terrace.
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 18 - 20º C.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Do not leave excess water in saucer/dish.
- Apply fertiliser twice a month.
- Pot on annually.
- Air purifying.
- Keep out of draughts.