The Calathea was discovered in the jungles of the Amazon Basin. This popular houseplant comes in various shapes and sizes; the leaves for example can be curved, ribbed, round, oval or pointed and display the most remarkable patterns. However, the Calathea has an even more remarkable treat: it mirrors nature’s rhythm. As soon as the first daylight enters the room, the beautiful leaves will spread out to absorb the light, and as the evening approaches they slowly close again. Sssst… can you hear the rustling?
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 15 - 23 ºC.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Spray with water twice a month.
- Closes leaves at night.
- Suitable for anywhere in the house.
- Keep out of draughts.