The Begonia is a two-faced plant, as well as being a universal and versatile hit. Whether you enjoy cheerful flowers or take pleasure in a sturdy leaf with intense colours and beautiful patterns, there is always a begonia to satisfy your taste! Some varieties are grown for their beautiful flowers, whilst others for their truly amazing leaves. Before the Begonia was discovered as the ideal houseplant, it could be found in the warm, humid regions of New Guinea, southern Africa and the Andes. Our grower advises: “Water the begonia twice a week and ensure the soil remains humid.”
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 18 - 20 ºC.
- Remove dead heads of flowers.
- Apply fertiliser once a week.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.