The Anthurium will bring vivacity to any interior, beaming in happiness if you provide it with a bright spot. With its shiny green leaves, colourful bracts and cheery spike it is a firm perennial favourite. Did you know: the Anthurium originally comes from Latin America and was discovered by the Austrian physician and botanist Dr Karl van Scherzer in 1857? Currently there are more than 500 varieties known and it also has a well established worldwide fan base. And not only for its wonderful appearance, but also because the Anthurium is so easy to keep!
Click here for the cut variety.
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature 18 - 22 ºC.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Spray with water once a month.
- Apply fertiliser once a month.
- Remove dead heads of flowers.
- Perennial plant.