Plants look after us if we look after them
Celosia has several faces. The plant is available with flaming torches (spicata, sturdy spear-like flowers), adorable little tails or a fantastic comb full of velvet whorls that look like brains. The colours are blinding: white, red, yellow, pink, purple, orange, green or multi-coloured, which combine colours such as orange and red. Celosia reaches a height of 35-40 cm, has a slightly spicy fragrance and needs nothing apart from enough water to keep flowering beautifully for months. Grower of this product: Ammerlaan-Sosef.
- Partial shade, light or full sun: Cockscomb doesn’t mind.
- Don’t allow the soil to dry out - Cockscomb likes to drink.
- Some plant food once a week helps extend the flowering.
- Don’t place Cockscomb near the fruit bowl. Fruit emits ethylene gas that causes flowers to age more rapidly.
- Cockscomb can also go outdoors during seasons when there’s no frost.