Plants look after us if we look after them
As well as being one of the easiest houseplants to keep, the Aglaonema is one of the most beautiful. The name is an amalgam of two Greek words; 'aglos', meaning to sparkle, and 'nema', which means thread. The name reflects the striking patterns on the leaves. As well as looking radiant, the Aglaonema is an extremely straightforward plant and ideal for those without green fingers. Decorum grower John Grootscholten (JoGrow) cultivates a wide selection of tropical green plants and tells us: “The Aglaonema is even good for your health. It purifies the air and will improve the humidity levels in your home!” Duynplant also grows this product.
- Semi-shade, no direct sunlight.
- Suitable for dark positions.
- In winter no colder than 10 ºC.
- Apply fertiliser twice a month in summer.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Suitable for bathroom and dark places.
- Long lasting.